The Fibonacci calculator was invented by Leonardo Fibonacci – the first major mathematician in medieval Europe. He was born and lived in Italy in the 12th – 13th centuries. His theory of numbers has gained immense popularity and marked the beginning of one of the most powerful trading methods on the Forex market. Fibonacci sequence is a simple sequence of numbers where each successive one is the sum of the previous two.
Mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci had identified a number of patterns in the sequence, which were applied in many areas, including trading. By identifying support and resistance levels, Fibonacci Calculator allows professional traders to find correction targets and trend direction in the price chart. Based on these data, they evaluate the market situation and decide on the further action – whether to buy, sell or continue waiting for the most favorable conditions for entering the market.
Fibonacci Calculator has earned a worthy place among many other Forex trader tools. Fibonacci levels are nothing but a technical analysis indicator of the Forex market determining the points of the graph where breakdowns or rebounds should happen. Typically, traders set stop-loss and take-profit at the Fibonacci levels, which significantly increases their chances of success. In order to use the Fibonacci Calculator from LiteForex, you need to enter in the form the required values (highest and lowest) of the current observed trend, indicate its direction and click on the button “Calculate”. The calculator will take care of the rest.
Use a Fibonacci calculator from LiteForex for trading and calculating price retracements, and correcting your Forex strategy. A Fibonacci Calculator is a powerful tool of technical analysis that will allow you to organize your trading on the Forex market.
- Enter the high and low price for the stock, future, currency or commodity from the previous day (or period) into the input boxes above labeled High and Low.
- If you want to change the number of decimal places shown after the period you can change the value in the Decimal Points input box.
- The Fibonacci ratios in the boxes on the right are the most common values used for day trading and by long-term investors. Some traders and Fibonacci specialist have their own custom ratios that they like to use. You can override any of the ratios in the list by entering your own custom ratio. All of the values you enter on this page will be saved in a cookie on your browser saving you time when you revisit this page with the same browser.
- When you’re ready to calculate the Fibonacci ratios for your high and low prices click Calculate the calculate button.
- We have supplied enough space for you to enter up to 27 ratios in the calculator.
Press calculate and scroll down the screen or Click to see the result